Who is Mark Halpin?
Well, I am glad you asked.
I am a Software Engineer who has taught over 1,000 developers how to code.
I loves learning about new technology and making things!
I first started programming a long time ago, back when PHP was all the rage, and made my way into maintaining a CubeCart site for a while. This thing was massive, and a nightmare to work on. Not only that but the version I was working with at the time was version 1.0 and already out of date by the time I came on the scene. Those were the days…
When the economy tanked back in 2008, I found my way into networking and systems admin work. I built computers, servers, and set them all up on the network. To increase my effeciency, I wound up scripting deployments with Powershell and VMWare, leading to the deployment of 100’s of servers at a time. When I wasn’t deploying servers, I configured Cisco networking gear.
As technology shifted and the economy moved forward, I found that my scripting background would really help me transition back into full time software development. So with that, I became a full stack engineer learning and converting a Struts(v1!) application into a Spring MVC application with an AngularJS front end.
I really love technology, and choosing the best tools for the job. I also love learning from and giving back to the tech community! I’ve spoken at a bunch of meetups and conferences, and love having the chance to share what I have learned as well as talk about cool new technologies or how to combine different tools and libraries in interesting ways. When I’m not doing anything tech related, I enjoy spending time with my wife and kids.
- Angular Mix - Building Angular Apps with Electron
- All Things Open - Introduction to NativeScript
- Angular Air - Using Angular and Electron
- Modern Web - NativeScript “Zero to Hero”
- Angular Mix - Developing Angular Apps with GraphQL
- Modern Web - Hugo in 5 minutes
- Angular Denver - Devloping NativesScript Apps with Angular
- Vue Raleigh - Devloping NativesScript Apps with Vue.js
- Expert Talk with Shift.org
When I am not behind a screen or a keyboard, I like to work with my hands in other ways:
- 🔨 I enjoy woodworking. I've made a few things, and can appreciate just how much work goes into it!
- 🏀 I love basketball! My all time favorite sport.
- 🎸 I've been playing guitar on and off for a few years. Its been a while though since the last time I have played.
- 🎣 If there is ever a chance to go fishing, I'm on it!
- 🔧 Figuring out how to do stuff to my cars is fun, even if just plain old maintenance stuff like fluids and filters.
- 🔥 🚒 I finally have a grill, and it sure is enjoyable to sit outside and enjoy the smell of grilled flank steak!
If you want to sign up for exclusive content (free email courses anyone?) or want to ‘pick my brain’, sign up for my Newsletter!